Our laboratories are backed by many official accreditations and certifications that guarantee our technological capabilities and our our impartiality.
- Materials characterization
- Technical support and assessment
- Study of in-service behavior and failure causes: breakage, corrosion and wear
- Special and customized tests
We are committed to our continued work to support our customers in quality control of raw materials, semi-finished and end products, by standardized techniques and with the aid of the most advanced equipment that allow for precise detection levels..
- Characterization and chemical composition of metallic and non-metallic materials
- Control and analysis of coatings
- Wear and abrasion
- Roughness and profilometry
- Corrosion, fretting corrosion, climate, electrochemical
- Heat and cryogenic treatments
At the Mechanical Testing Laboratory we characterize the mechanical properties and behavior of materials under different mechanical, thermal and environmental conditions (strength, ductility, toughness, etc.), thus guaranteeing the suitability of products for their intended applications, and verifying that products meet their specifications and comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Fatigue testing
- Fracture mechanics testing
- Tensile testing
- Charpy impact testing
- Compression and bending testing
- Resilience testing
- Dynamic testing
- Hardness testing (Rockwell, Vickers, Brinell)
We perform macrographic and micrographic analysis in order to determine the macro and microstructure of materials, thus evaluating material quality, welding processes, heat or surface treatments, as well as the morphology of cracks, fractures, corrosion, etc.
- Failure analysis
- Metallurgical studies in order to determine the actual state of degradation of parts, equipment and facilities (preventive maintenance)
- Macro and microstructural characterization of metallic and non-metallic materials
- Technical support on suitability for use of different materials
- Corrosion studies with cause and effect analysis (in collaboration with our welding engineering services and our corrosion laboratory)
NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
Our inspection and NDT services have a reputation for their effectiveness and independency, and are supported by a highly qualified technical team with European and American certifications in Non Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Radiographic testing (fluoroscopy, digital radiography)
- Ultrasonic testing, including TOFD and Phased Array
- Verification of ultrasonic testing equipment
- Computerised axial tomography
- Magnetic particles
- Liquid penetrant testing
- Visual inspection
The Corrosion Lab at AIMEN offers a wide range of laboratory analysis and testing, for the evaluation of the corrosion performance of metals and alloys and the effectiveness of protective measures against corrosion.
- Corrosion testing. According to DIN, ASTM, NACE or ISO standards:
- Electrochemical techniques
- Controlled atmosphere chambers
- Gravimetric immersion testing
- High-temperature oxidation testing (up to 1000ºC): gravimetric and electrochemical
- Corrosion testing in plant and in situ: on witness specimens or with corrosion probes, using corrosion potential testing and corrosion speed testing equipment
- Development of nonstandard corrosion tests under specific customer requirements, on samples or on actual parts. Including combination with other static or dynamic solicitations.
- Characterization of the properties of paints and coatings
The Polymers Laboratory at AIMEN is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and equipment, which meet international standards for the evaluation of plastic materials. Our staff are highly qualified in materials handling, testing, evaluation of properties and data processing. Thus, we provide complete and personalized services to our customers.
- Chemical Composition
- Mechanical Properties
- Physical and Thermal Properties
- Microstructural Characterization
- Climatic Testing
- Failure Testing
- Technical Support
- Product and Process Development