- Start: 01/09/2022
- End: 31/08/2025
ZDZW excels in offering a catalogue of IoT based non-destructive inspection technologies, providing an accurate inline evaluation of key product parameters that have an effect in quality requirements within different technical areas, such as: Part Integrity, Visual Requirements and Thermal Process efficiency.
To pursue the main goal of reducing defects and the waste generated in manufacturing processes, ZDZW addresses defects and waste reduction in three key areas that cover the entire manufacturing process and product lifecycle:
1. Monitoring and control improvement for process quality assurance, where first-time-right manufacturing rate can be increased, including improved durability properties and reduced waste generation;
2. digitally enhanced Rework & Repair procedures for necessary part recovery and scrap reduction; and
3. Continuous Sustainability evaluation to ensure the efficient use of materials and components across the full production line.
ZDZW will demonstrate its ZD (Zero Defects) and ZW (Zero Waste) approach in six pilots involving production processes with an important waste reduction potential.
AIMEN role in the project will be focused around one of these pilots in which the main goal is to improve the welding processes of wind mill manufacturing. For the achievement of this goal, AIMEN will develop a monitoring system fed with multi-modal sensors to create a digital twin of the welding process, allowing for a thoroughly control to avoid defects and reduce waste.
- Sectors: Automotive, Food Industry, Renewable energies, healthcare, Appliance
- Financing programme: HORIZON EUROPE
- R&D&i: waste treatment and valorisation, Integrated monitoring and control systems
- Leader: IKERLAN S. COOP
- Partners: AIMEN Centro Tecnológico, FUNDINGBOX ACCELERATOR SP ZOO, DIN DEUTSCHES INSTITUT FUER NORMUNG E.V., Arcelik AS, FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FORDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG EV, DANMARKS TEKNISKE UNIVERSITET-DTU, UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE VALENCIA, FUNDINGBOX COMMUNITIES SL, I4 FACTORY SOLUTIONS LIMITED, INNERSPEC TECHNOLOGIES EUROPE SL, NORBLIS APS, VIDEO SYSTEMES SRL, YORAN IMAGING LTD, DIRA RELIABILITY SL, SIMULARGE BILISIM VE MUHENDISLIK TEKNOLOJILERI AS, SIEMENS SANAYI VE TICARET A.AS., EURA AG, ZABALA BRUSSELS, INFORMATION CATALYST FOR ENTERPRISE LTD, INFORMATION CATALYST SL, SOFTWARE AG, VIVID COMPONENTS LTD, LITHOZ GMBH, GRI TOWERS GALICIA, SL, GRI RENEWABLE INDUSTRIES S.L., MATZ-ERREKA, S. COOP., GLNPLAST SA, airCode UG, ILLYCAFFE S.P.A., INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO DE INFORMÁTICA
- Acronym: ZDZW
- Ambit: International
- Web: https://www.zdzw-project.eu/